February is National Heart Health Month: 8 Sweet Ways to Love Your Heart
February 3, 2020
- Sleeping at least seven hours each night.
- Be less salty. Adults should consume less than a teaspoon a day of salt.
- Get fruity and veggie. Increase your intake of both items.
- Keep your hands busy. Knitting, woodworking and similar activities keeps the mind active and reduces stress.
- Dance is a form of exercise that elevates your heart rate, body moving while having fun.
- Laughing reduces stress and boosts heart healthy. Plus it brightens your mood.
- Stretching can help improve your balance, strength and flexibility. It also reduces stress and improve heart health by helping you relax
- Eating Breakfast that is nutritious every morning can help maintain a healthy weight and give you energy you’ll need for your day.